Monday, August 8, 2011

FINALLY!

I actually got to race Saturday!!!!!  Mother Nature allowed us the opportunity to get a full race in.

The weekend was actually a big weekend in my racing career.  For the first time ever, I went racing with out my dad being there.  I am 26 years old and I have been racing since I was 8.  So for the last 18 years my dad has been at the track every weekend that I have raced.

My mom and dad are actually in Myrtle Beach.  So on Friday night my good buddy Tyler Baisden met me at my Mom and Dads house and we loaded up my dragster in his trailer, along with his dragster.  The plan was to head to Kanawha Valley on Saturday for a regular points race.

Well Mother Nature did not totally agree with out initial plans.  A big rain storm blew through Northern West Virginia and at 1:00 Kanawha Valley cancelled.  So at 1:00 Tyler and I decide to head to Kil-Kare Dragway in Xenia, OH.  Now it must be noted that time trials at Kil-Kare started at 1 and we had at least an hour and a half drive ahead of us.

Our day must not have been hectic enough as the Lords of the Highway decided that we needed a flat tire on the trailer about 30 miles from the race track.  We decided to just slow down and make it to the track before changing the tire.

We arrive at KK as they are in the middle of the 2nd and final time trial.  Luckily we bust our butts and make it to the staging lanes just in time for both of us to get a time run.

My car runs as expected and so does Tyler's dragster.  In Round 1 we both decide that we wanted to Red light, just so we could give $25 more dollars to buy back!!!  Ok, so maybe that wasn't the plan, but we both did red-light.

Round 2 comes around and luckily this round I turn on a win light.  My opponent went red.  I went .008 on the tree and ran a 5.26 on my 5.28 dial.  Tyler did not have any luck as fuel systems issues continued to plague him.

In Round 3 I pull up against Dave Caplinger, who is a KK regular.  Lets just say Dave decided to destroy me.  He left with a .004 light to my .014.  He then proceeded to run dead on his dial with a 7 to have a .011 package.  I had to break out with a 5.253 on my 5.26 dial in order to cross the finish line first.  It honestly did not matter what I did at that point because Mr Caplinger was whooping my butt.  I made a good pass, but he was just better.

So that was my weekend.  This weekend coming up I will once again be traveling with Tyler as Mom and Dad will still be in Myrtle.  The plan is to head to Kanawha Valley as they have two points races scheduled.

Lets just hope that I can get back into the swing of things and hopefully find my way back to the winners  circle!!

Please follow me on twitter: @ClaytorRacing
Check out my Racingin.com Profile page: www.Racingin.com/ClaytorRacing

No comments:

Post a Comment